Microsoft Dynamics 365 | Cloud vs OnPremise | Why the migration into the cloud is more than just an option
Experience has shown that small and medium-sized companies often ask themselves whether the step into the cloud is necessary and worthwhile. Therefore, here is a brief overview of the advantages of a migration to the cloud
- Microsoft Azure ensures both the security of your system with over $1 billion in annual investments and the reliable availability of your system is guaranteed to 99.99% by the Microsoft SLA
- Your system becomes agile and scalable as your enterprise data is now securely in the cloud and can be connected to various companies and their ERP systems worldwide
- Data and information from your Dynamics 365 system can be accessed and processed worldwide via mobile devices
- More flexibility and faster response times through simple and fast online licensing of users
- Possibility for multilingual, individual tenants per country
- Save yourself costly in-house on-premise server maintenance and operation
- Ensure your GDPR/DSGVO compliance with automatic duplicate detection and secure background workflows for the data protection-compliant storage of new data.
The process of a migration to online alongside awisto
An online migration is often a mammoth task and the actual tasks and efforts are as individual as your company.
Nevertheless awisto has years of experience in online migration of existing Dynamics CRM / 365 solutions. In the following you will find a simplified guideline, how a migration roughly works and what you can expect
- Review of the existing on-premise system: The goals and main points of the current system and the value-adding activities in your company
- Setting up a Test Tenant
- Migration of the existing Dynamics 365 solution, including customizing, business rules and workflows
- Master data migration including adjustment and deletion of unnecessary duplicates
- Test phase : Validation of functionality and quality management
- Migration of Java / TypeScript and other code resources
- Development and implementation of necessary interfaces
- Test phase with our analysts and your key users
- Review by your business and project management
- Sprint planning for the further development of your now existing Dynamics 365 Online System
By now, we have successfully brought every company online - If you would like to join and venture the step into the clouds please do not hesitate to contact us and will gladly advise you regarding your options and a possible project schedule.